You might have asked yourself already, why I selected “TrapperPhD” as my online nickname?
The story behind TrapperPhD …
To make a long story short … during my university time my nickname was “Trapper” (honestly spoken, one out of a couple). And after finishing my doctorate, “Trapper PhD” was a logical consecutive consequence … but also a tribute to “Trapper John, M.D.”, a famous TV series in the 80s of the last century (when I grew up, “those times long ago”).
Last not least, I like this name because I like the qualities, trappers stand for.
What trappers are famous for …
- they are successfully using and sharing knowledge of at least two worlds
- they make the best of slender resources and possibilities
- they are pragmatic and often need to flexibly adapt to changing conditions
- they are real businessmen (entrepreneurs) not just managers
- they start well-founded changes only
- they are lean for good reasons
- they are results-driven
- they do not give up, but also know when to stop … for them vitality management is essential
- they are palmy in operating independent as well as part of a team
- they love nature (OK, they have no choice, but take it as a romantic presumption)
- they can make fire without an iPone app
- they can communicate without a Blackberry
- they make it to stay in touch with friends over great distances … without Facebook
- they depend on optimism
- and … for them, results are more important than good looking