Home » Posts tagged 'politics'
Tag Archives: politics
Leaving 2015 positively
2015 has been a good year!
It might not appear as such on the first view. And unfortunately there are always enough “devaluators” who are first and foremost fixated on crises and conflicts.
But a lot of positive and good things happened in 2015 which are worth to look back on. In the German newspaper DIE ZEIT (#52, 23.12.2015) Hannes Soltau, Merlind Theile and Doreen Borsutzki published a remarkable collection of facts.
In 2015 …
- more people worldwide had access to drinking water
(91% vs. 77% in 1990)
- the average life span worldwide increased
(71 years vs. 65.3 years in 1990)
- the number of starving people worldwide decreased
(-17% since 2004)
- the infant mortality worldwide decreased
(more than halved since 1990)
- we had substantially less traffic deaths in Germany
(2/3 less since 1991)
- we had less school dropouts in Germany
(5,6% vs. 9,6% in 2001)
Certainly, 2015 was also a year full of tragic events and fatal developments. But not only. Fading out the good limits the view.
I myself gladly and gratefully look back on 2015. For me personally, it has been a very good year … and the world has had worse before.